Emergency NotificationMethods used to communicate to campus clientele in event of an emergency situation.
Specific departments can request a button on Cisco IP phones to call for help, act as a pubic address system or notify others in event of an emergency. For example, a nurse-call button.
Main MSU campus emergency notification through Cisco IP phones and some building fire alarm panels. All Cisco IP phones are configured to receive these broadcasts. Voice alerts are typically initiated by Campus Security. (This service is not available at the Edina location)
StarAlert provides urgent communications via text message and email to faculty, staff and students in event of a campus emergency. Subscribe at www. mnsu.edu/password. Students may subscribe their parents or family to StarAlert. Parents or family can no longer self-subscribe. Exceptions can be requested and added manually.
- Services Included
- All Minnesota State University Mankato faculty, staff, and students may access this service.
- Service Locations
- Minnesota State University, Mankato Campus Minnesota State University, Edina Campus
- Standard Maintenance Windows
- Determined by external vendor, BlackBoard Connect.
- Service Level Agreement: MNSU - Critical
- Critical Service Level Agreement: Response and resolution times for services are determined by the priority your request is given when it is received. This priority is determined by considering the scope, visibility, and operational impact of your request along with the urgency. Normal Priority: Time to Initial Response Time - 4 hours Time to Resolution - 24 hours Important Priority: Time to Initial Response - 1 hour Time to Resolution - 4 hours Critical Priority: Time to Initial Response - 15 minutes Time to Resolution - 30 minutes