Course Request, Deletion, and Updates
When are Courses added?
Courses are automatically added by semester on this schedule:
- Fall: The first week of May
- Spring: Mid-October
- Summer: Mid-April
How do I Request merged/grouped Courses?
- Requests process in 1 - 2 days
- Merged/grouped requests should be done before any content or student submissions are added to the course.
- More information on instructor access to D2L Brightspace
How do I add a TA or co-teacher?
How do I request d2l brightspace support?
- Use this fast track form to send a support request right to the D2L Brightspace support team in IT Solutions:
When Are Courses Deleted?
University courses are removed/permanently deleted on a two-year cycle. Development, sandbox, training, Quality Matters® and other non-semester courses are not deleted.
Course Deletion Schedule for 2020:
- Fall 2017 (20183) courses will be removed starting Feb. 1, 2020
- Spring 2018 (20185) courses will be removed starting July 1, 2020
- Summer 2018 (20191) courses will be removed starting Oct. 1, 2020
Review this article to learn how to save and share your course materials and gradebooks.
When is D2L Brightspace Updated?
D2L Brightspace is updated on a monthly basis to improve features and functionality. Updates are applied in real time, there is no down time for updates.
Read the detailed release notes on the system support site to learn about each months' update.
Note: You may be prompted to login in with your StarID@minnstate.edu credentials to access this site.
How Can I Test New Updates?
You can preview and test updates and features in our quality assurance (QA) site.
Note: This is a copy of our production site for testing purposes, all courses are inactive and students cannot access these courses.
Learn More about Updates and Features
Browse our homepage Announcements archive for even more on:
- tips and troubleshooting
- best practices
- new features
Request your merged/grouped D2L Brightspace Courses using this quick web form.
Use this simple form to request manual enrollment of Teacher's Assistants and Co-Teachers in your D2L Brightspace courses.
Use this simple form to fast track your request directly to the D2L Brightspace team in IT Solutions.
To save you time and support student success, all D2L Brightspace courses will be automatically-created beginning Spring 2020. Learn about this change, get answers to the most frequently asked questions, and get support.