Online Training (LinkedIn Learning)
Student, Faculty, or Staff Member? You've Got Access to LinkedIn Learning!
If you want to increase your skills in your work, school, or personal interests, try LinkedIn Learning. It's free for all students, faculty, and staff! LinkedIn Learning (previously Lynda.com) is a customizable and personalized learning platform that allows users to view hundreds of video courses on a wide variety of topics, all made by experts. Learn about and gain skills in a multitude of subjects and specific programs. Watch videos on marketing, graphic design, business, 3D and animation, audio and music, education and e-learning, and much more. Videos include full transcripts to read and even have downloadable exercise files to help you practice your new skills.
Log in with YourStarID@go.minnstate.edu (students) or YourStarID@minnstate.edu (faculty/staff) and your StarID password to get started!
LinkedIn Learning Features
LinkedIn Learning gives you the option of connecting your LinkedIn profile for career-based personalization to help fuel a lifetime of learning and professional development. Some key features of LinkedIn Learning include:
- Create Collections: make your own, customized video playlists – or view other peoples’ playlists.
- Learning Paths: follow pre-made sequences of videos and courses designed to help you succeed in learning a specific topic.
- Course Recommendations: get personalized recommendations on courses relevant to your career interests according to your LinkedIn profile.
- Learning Trend Predictions: get predictive recommendations on courses popular among other LinkedIn users in your job category, helping you to stay on top of trending skills in your industry.
- Intelligent Search: see the most popular searches as you type, making access to relevant courses easier and faster.
Need Help With LinkedIn Learning?
We're here to for you! We'll answer your questions directly, whether it's over the phone, via email, or in person.