Be Motivated While Learning Online
Being an effective online learner means persistence, focus, and discipline. Use these tips and skills to help you stay motivated as an online learner.
Be motivated learning online by using these tips to keep you studying strong.
- Check your university MavMAIL often.
- Participate in your class discussions and meetings.
- Log into your class on a regular basis.
- Set aside scheduled time to spend on each of your classes.
- Use the Mav Life mobile app or Outlook Calendar to create a custom calendar and set study reminders.
- Find a quiet, comfortable space.
- Put away your phone while you study.
Work in Small Portions
- Split your study time into manageable portions to avoid burnout.
- Take small breaks when you need them and then resume.
- Stress less by using your time wisely and avoiding putting off assignments.
- Use the Microsoft To Do app to easily plan custom tasks and reminders.
- Reward yourself for a job well done when you complete tasks!
Be willing to use your resources to find answers on your own. Here are some tips to help you be resourceful!
- Regularly check MavMAIL, your official University email.
- Read your course syllabus and browse course materials to find answers.
- Sign up for notifications in D2L Brightspace or download the Mav Life mobile app to stay up to date with announcements, assignments, and grades, and more.
- Use LinkedIn Learning to locate video courses from experts that will help you understand the course materials.
Find Study Buddies
Connect online with your classmates to study or complete group projects.
- Find and email your classmates through the D2L Brightspace Classlist.
- Use Zoom: Voice and video calling software for the web. Connect from anywhere!
- Use Microsoft Office 365: Share documents – like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint – through Office 365 and work on them simultaneously with your classmates online.