Top Tech Resources for Graduate Students
As your journey through graduate school at Minnesota State University, Mankato begins, IT Solutions is here to help you with everything tech. Whether you’re frequently on campus or you’re gaining your degree online, we have several technology resources to help you succeed in your studies.
Campus Accounts & Email
- StarID: Your StarID is your all-access key to University services, like campus Wi-Fi, MavMAIL, Scholarship Finder, D2L Brightspace, and E-Services.
- MavMAIL: MavMAIL is your official University email account, available through Microsoft Outlook by logging in with <yourStarID>@go.minnstate.edu and your StarID password. Check it often and use it to communicate with classmates, professors, and University staff.
Microsoft Office 365
- Free Download for Students: You can download five free copies of Microsoft Office 365 for Windows and Mac, plus five free copies of Office Mobile.
- Office 365 Apps: Enjoy web, desktop, and mobile versions of software like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, OneNote, and more.
- OneDrive Cloud Storage: Use OneDrive to store up to 5 TB of files, sync them between your devices, and share them with others for real-time collaboration.
- Outlook Calendar: Keep your schedule organized on your Outlook Calendar. Create multiple calendars, add events, invite other users to meetings, and more.
- Qualtrics: Customize surveys with a variety of formatting options and the ability to collaborate with others.
- Poll Everywhere: Create interactive polls that users can respond to on their laptop or mobile device, or through SMS texting.
Learning & Classroom Resources
- LinkedIn Learning: Boost your skills for your career with LinkedIn Learning! Watch hundreds of video tutorials on a variety of topics, like graphic design, business, music, and more.
- Zoom: Connect with classrooms, professors, and classmates from home with Zoom, our web conferencing service.
- D2L Brightspace: As your online portal for classes, D2L allows you to view class materials and calendars, turn in assignments, take quizzes, participate in class discussion forums, and more.
Get Your Gear
- The Campus Computer Store: Shop all your technology needs, in-store or online! Browse laptops, tablets, accessories, and more at low education pricing, and get help with computer set-up and repair.
- IT Solutions: Get answers to your tech questions! Visit us in person, give us a call or send us an email, or check out our self-help support articles.
- CyberAware: Explore our cybersecurity website to learn how you can protect your devices and personal information from cybercriminals.