Microsoft March Spotlight: OneDrive
learn the basics
Did you know students and employees get five free downloads of Microsoft Office 365 for use on their work, personal, and mobile devices? Through Office 365, you have access to a variety of helpful apps. Learn all about them during Microsoft March!
What is OneDrive?
Microsoft OneDrive is an app within Microsoft Office 365 that all Minnesota State Mankato students and employees have access to - for free! OneDrive is a cloud-based file storage service that allows you to sync your files on all your devices for access anywhere. OneDrive is used in a variety of ways at Minnesota State Mankato:
- Storing, organizing, and backing up important school and work files
- Working on files on multiple devices
- Employee collaboration on files within departments
- Sharing files for teaching and learning in the classroom
- Student study groups or group projects
- And more!
What Can I Do With OneDrive?
- Safe cloud storage of up to 5 TB of files. Upload single files or entire folders to OneDrive anytime, anywhere. Store documents, photos, videos, and more on the cloud.
- Access files on any device. Automatically sync your files between your devices and the OneDrive cloud. Access them online and offline, and they will stay updated on all your devices!
- Never worry about losing important photos and documents. Unlike flash drives that can be fragile and unstable, you can rest easy when you back up your files to the OneDrive cloud. Even if you lose or damage your device, your files remain unharmed.
- Easily share files with others. At the workplace, at school, at home – anywhere! Directly send files and folders to anyone, and manage their editing permissions.
- Collaborate on documents over the web. Use the web application to work together in real time on any Office document by sharing and allowing editing permissions. You’ll see who’s working and what changes they’re making.
- Keep your device’s storage space open with Files On-Demand. Use this feature to avoid downloading all of your OneDrive files when syncing your device. All your files will be visible on your device, but you choose which ones to download. Get it on Windows 10 or Mac.
Use your MavMAIL credentials to sign into OneDrive. You can access OneDrive in a variety of ways:
- Web version: Sign in to MavMAIL and navigate to OneDrive by clicking on the Apps waffle in the top left of the screen. Or, use this quick link!
- Desktop version: Download Office 365 on your computer and launch OneDrive.
- Mobile version: Download the OneDrive mobile app.
Microsoft and Office 365, Outlook, OneDrive, PowerPoint, and Word are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
"Microsoft March Spotlight: OneDrive" is an indepent publication and is neither affiliated with, nor authorized, sponsored, or approved by, Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft March (and associated training webinars) is an independent seminar and is neither affiliated with, nor authorized, sponsored, or approved by, Microsoft Corporation.