Email Login Versus Address: Know the Difference!
protect your account, never share your login
Students, did you know that your University email login is different from your University email address? Though they may seem similar, it's important to know the difference in order to protect your account.
Your email login is what you use to log in to your MavMAIL account.
- Your login is YourStarID@go.minnstate.edu
- (employees use YourStarID@minnstate.edu)
- This is NOT your email address that is listed in the directory
- This information is NOT safe to share because it's your private login
Your email address is the public address associated with your account and is listed in the directory.
- Your email address is usually firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some addresses may be followed by a number, keep reading to learn how to find your address
- This information IS safe to share because it's your public address
Finding your Email Address
Since some people share the same name, some email addresses are followed by a number. Here's how to find your address.
- Log in to MavMAIL
- Click on your profile photo in the top right corner, then click "My Account"
- On the "My Account" page, find your email address under your name
Remember to always protect your StarID and never share login information. Have questions or concerns? Contact the IT Solutions Center.