Zoom Professionalism & Etiquette
When attending a class or meeting via Zoom, portray yourself in the best light possible as a student or employee of Minnesota State University, Mankato by following these tips on preparedness and general Zoom etiquette.
- Designate Your Workspace
- Ensure your workspace is quiet, clean, and has an appropriate background. Or, use a virtual background.
- Set Up Your Tech
- Communicate with the Host
- Zoom includes nonverbal feedback buttons for raising your hand, responding yes or no, asking the host to adjust speed, requesting a break, and more. Use them!
- Be Professional
- Be on time to meetings, dress appropriately, and sit tall and look directly into the camera when using video.
- Avoid Embarrassing Mistakes
- Pay attention to your video, microphone, and screen sharing settings to avoid embarrassing mistakes. Always keep the chat rooms appropriate.