Getting Started: Student Tech Guide
IT Solutions is excited you are now a Maverick! We are here for you every step of the way. Below is our guide to getting started with technology at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us anytime with questions.
Set Up Your StarID
- Your StarID is your login for online services at Minnesota State Mankato such as E-services, MavMAIL, wireless Internet, D2L Brightspace, and more. Make sure you remember it and keep your password safe!
- StarID set-up help & information
Get Connected to Wi-Fi
- Campus-wide: login to MavNet-Encrypted with your StarID and password.
- Residence halls: login to Reslife-secure with your StarID and password.
- MavGuest is available for all but will be much slower than the previously mentioned networks.
- Get help with wireless setup
Set Up Your University Email, MavMAIL
- Access and get familiar with your official University email, MavMAIL.
- MavMAIL can be accessed online in Microsoft Office 365 and also by downloading Outlook on any device.
- Check your mail often! You will receive important information on classes, financial aid, direct deposits and more!
- Login to MavMail
- Learn more about downloading Office 365
Print on Campus with MavPRINT
- Print on 50+ printers throughout campus and residence halls.
- Each student has $20 of complementary printing each semester pre-loaded on their MavCARD.
- MavPRINT locations
- MavPRINT Mobile Uploading
Access Your Coursework Online with D2L Brightspace
- Whether taking a course on campus or online, D2L Brightspace is where you will access class content, materials and more.
- Login to D2L
- D2L help & support
- D2L Quick Guide
Save Money - Free Software!
- As a student here, Microsoft Office 365 is available to you at no additional charge! Apps include Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, PowerPoint and more! Download and use on up to five devices. Online and app-based software is included!
- We offer many labs across campus that feature specialized software tailored to your program's needs. Talk to your department to find out more.
- MavAPPS also offers many specialty software solutions. These are great to explore once you've settled in a bit!
- Office 365
- MATLAB & Simulink
Save Your Files in the Cloud with OneDrive
- Save and access all your files in the cloud with OneDrive!
- Benefits of saving your documents in the cloud are numerous and could save you a lot of heartache in the chance of a lost or broken device.
- Access OneDrive and download apps in Microsoft Office 365.
- OneDrive - Office 365
Sign Up for Emergency Notifications - Star Alerts
- Sign up to receive text and email notifications in the event of campus-related emergencies that include campus weather-related announcements such as delayed class starts or campus-wide closures.
- Star Alert Sign-up
Download Mav Life - Official University Mobile App
- Get the most out of your campus experience with Mav Life! Create your profile, connect with friends, track buses, view your D2L courses, get campus maps, and more!
#BeCyberAware - Protect Yourself Online
- Learn simple ways to keep your passwords, information and devices safe from hackers and spammers.
- We often talk about the "4 Ps": Patching, Phishing, Passwords, and Protect Your Devices. Check our cybersecurity website often for the latest news and threat information to stay in the know and stay protected!
- Cybersecurity Website
Visit the Campus Computer Store
- From anything from a forgotten charger at home to figuring out the best laptop for your major, we've got you covered.
- Explore our low education pricing.
- Convenient on-campus location and hours.
- Shop online & learn more
Sharpen Your Skills and Learn Something New
- As a student, you have a complimentary LinkedIn Learning account.
- Bookmark this site and start your own playlist to learn something new. From learning more about Office 365 to learning graphic design and beyond - this site has you covered!
- LinkedIn Learning
Bookmark the Bus Tracking App
- Did you know as a currently enrolled student you get to ride City of Mankato buses for free with your MavCARD? Bookmark our Bus Tracker to get real-time route updates and see exactly where your bus is at.
- Bus Tracker
Watch Free TV On Campus with SpectrumU
- SpectrumU gives you access to 176 channels, live sports, and movies on-demand
- No login required, must connect to campus Wi-Fi. Watch on your laptop, your TV in your residence hall room, or use the mobile app.
- Learn More
- SpectrumU Website
Stay Up-to-Date on the Latest from IT Solutions
- Follow us on social media to get timely and relevant news, service alerts and learn more on new features and tech upgrades relevant to you!