Getting Started: Student Tech Guide
IT Solutions is excited you are now a Maverick! We are here for you every step of the way. Below is our guide to getting started with technology at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us anytime with questions.
Set Up Your StarID
- Your StarID is your login for online services at Minnesota State Mankato such as E-services, MavMAIL, wireless Internet, D2L Brightspace, and more. Make sure you remember it and keep your password safe!
- StarID set-up help & information
Get Connected to Wi-Fi
- Campus-wide: Eduroam is the preferred official Wi-Fi network across campus.
- Residence communities: MyResNet is the official Wi-Fi network in residence communities.
- Guest network: MavGUEST is available in certain locations year-round and campus-wide during winter and summer breaks.
- wi-fi setup
Set Up Your University Email, MavMAIL
- Access and get familiar with your official University email, MavMAIL.
- MavMAIL can be accessed online in Microsoft Office 365 and also by downloading Outlook on any device.
- Check your mail often! You will receive important information on classes, financial aid, direct deposits and more!
- Login to MavMail
- download Office 365
Print on Campus with MavPRINT
- Print on 50+ printers throughout campus and residence halls.
- Each student has $20 of complementary printing each semester pre-loaded on their MavCARD.
- MavPRINT locations
- MavPRINT Mobile Uploading
Access Your Coursework Online with D2L Brightspace
- Whether taking a course on campus or online, D2L Brightspace is where you can access class content, materials and more.
- Login to D2L
- D2L help & support
- D2L Quick Guide
Save Money - Free Software!
- Microsoft Office 365 is available to you at no additional charge! Apps include Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, PowerPoint and more! Download and use on up to five devices. Online and app-based software is included!
- Labs across campus feature specialized software tailored to your program's needs. Talk to your department to find out more.
- MavAPPS also offers many specialty software solutions. These are great to explore once you've settled in a bit!
- Office 365
- MATLAB & Simulink
Learn New Skills with LinkedIn Learning
- Get free access to thousands of video tutorials taught by industry experts.
- Learn skills in business, graphic design, music production, and much more!
- Linkedin learning
Save Your Files in the Cloud with OneDrive
- Save and access all your files in the cloud with OneDrive!
- Benefits of saving your documents in the cloud are numerous and could save you stress in the chance of a lost or broken device.
- Access OneDrive and download apps in Microsoft Office 365.
Sign Up for Emergency Notifications - Star Alerts
- Receive text and email notifications in the event of campus-related emergencies, including campus weather announcements such as delayed class starts or campus-wide closures.
- Star Alert Sign-up
Download Mav Life - Official University Mobile App
- Get the most out of your campus experience with Mav Life! Create your profile, connect with friends, track buses, view your D2L courses, get campus maps, and more!
#BeCyberAware - Protect Yourself Online
- Visit our CyberAware website for various cybersecurity resources, including security news and helpful tips on how to keep information and devices safe from cybercriminals.
- Listen to our CyberAware Podcast to get the latest on cybersecurity from student hosts and special guests.
- Cyberaware Website
- CyberAware Podcast
Shop the Campus Computer Store
- Browse laptops, tablets, and accessories, online or in-store.
- Free software setup, advice from campus insiders, and convenient on-campus location.
- Shop online & learn more
Use the Bus Tracking App
- Did you know as a currently enrolled student you get to ride City of Mankato buses for free with your MavCARD? Use our Bus Tracker to get real-time route updates and see exactly where your bus is at.
- Bus Tracker on the web
- Bus Tracker in Mav Life
Stay Up-to-Date on the Latest from IT Solutions
- Follow us online to get timely and relevant news, service alerts, and learn more on new features and tech upgrades relevant to you!