VPN Client Installation
You can connect to the Virtual Private Network (VPN) client software using your StarID on both a Windows computer and a Mac. The VPN client is used to allow your computer to do tasks off campus that would usually require you to be on campus. Examples of this include but are not limited to the following:
- Connect to MavPRINT
- Map a network drive (MavDISK)
- Connect to Krypton
- Access ISRS (Uniface)
- And more
Check to see if you have the VPN client installed before you continue to the installation. Select one of the options below for instructions.
VPN Client Installation:
- Navigate to https://vpn.mnsu.edu.
- Enter your StarID next to USERNAME and your StarID Password next to PASSWORD.
- On the left hand side, click AnyConnect.
- In the middle of the screen, click Start AnyConnect.
- Click on Download for Windows.
Note: This page will detect your operating system. So you may see a different message such as Download for Linux or Download of Mac OSX.
TIP: for detailed instructions for your operating system, click the instructions button and scroll down.
- Depending on the browser you should give a message asking your to save or Run the installer.
- If you have run as an option:
- Click on Run.
- If you don't have run as an option:
- Click on Save and then run it once it is complete.
- Once the install file has downloaded, run it. You will see the following screen. Click Next.
- Click the bubble next to I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
- Click Install.
- If you are on Windows you will get a User Account Control window. Click on Yes to start the installation.
- Your install will now begin.
- Once the install has completed, click Finish.
Article Id #18629