Text Messages Sent By The University and Opt Out Procedures
- Browse to https://my.mnsu.edu/account/
- Select "Change or add Star Alert emergency text messaging numbers" under the "Star Alert" heading.
- Remove any numbers where you no longer want text messages sent. Choose button "Submit address change."
E-Services - "Text Messages for University Deadlines, Events, and Reminders"
- Browse to http://www.mnsu.edu/eservices/
- Continue until you reach "Student e-services" "My Dashboard"
- Select "Account Management"
- Select "Turn Text Message On or Off"
- Select "Turn Off" under the heading Turn Text Message On or Off -> Text messaging is on.
- Browse to http://d2l.mnsu.edu/
- Select your name at the top right of the page
- Select "Notifications" in the drop down menu.
- Select the recycle bin icon after your text number to delete under the heading "Contact Methods" -> "Mobile Number" -> "Send text-messages notifications to:
- Select the "Yes" confirmation on the popup "Confirmation" > "Are you sure you want to delete your mobile settings?"
If these have been tried and do not work:
- For StarALERT: Submit a ticket titled "StarALERT Opt Out" to Systems Management
- For E-Services - "Text Messages for University Deadlines, Events, and Reminders": Submit a ticket titled "E-Services - "Text Messages for University Deadlines, Events, and Reminders"
- Opt Out - For D2L: Please submit a ticket to D2L titled "D2L Text Notification Opt Out"
Article Id #23557