Multi-Factor Enrollment No Smart Phone Automatic
MNSU Multi-Factor Enrollment – Phone Call Verification (Automatic Enrollment)
If a customer did not enroll in multi-factor authentication prior to the enrollment deadline, they will see the following message the first time they login to Office 365 after being forced enrolled into multi-factor.
**Multi-factor enrollment works best from a computer.
- Click Next.
- Under Step 1: How should we contact you?
- Click the radio button that says Call Me.
- Enter the phone number you would like to verification phone calls at.
- Click Next
- You will receive a phone call from Microsoft at the phone number entered above.
- The message will prompt you to press the pound (#) key to finish your verification.
- You should receive a voice message indicating your sign in was successfully verified.
The multi-factor process above must be completed successfully before the customer can proceed to their Microsoft 365 account. A multi-factor reset should not be needed unless the customer has successfully verified their multi-factor authentication method and no longer has access to that authentication method.
If a customer is having trouble with the multi-factor verification, open a web browser on the computer to mnsu.edu/multi-factor and click the link for Change Multi-Factor Verification Options and repeat the steps above.
Article Id #23707