Multi-factor Authentication - Self-enrollment by phone
- Click to follow the link to self-enrollment
- Complete the ‘additional security verification’ before enabling MFA by selecting the ‘additional security verification’ link.
- Log in using your StarID credentials.
- Students: [StarID]@go.minnstate.edu
- Faculty/Staff: [StarID]@minnstate.edu
- Once signed in, you will be prompted to provide more security information to your account. Click ‘Next’
The next screen will allow you to select your additional verification options.
5. Under “what’s your preferred option?”, select Call my authentication phone or Call my Office Phone.
- Choose your backup verification methods
- Select Authentication Phone and enter a phone number that is different from the listed Office Phone (listed below).
- If you have an office phone number assigned to you, Select Office Phone.
- Select Alternate authentication phone. This is a backup phone number if you cannot be reached at the Authentication Phone number.
- Click Save.
- Close Browser Tab to return to the Multi Factor Authentication Request browser tab.
- Click on ‘Enable MFA’.
Article Id #23482