Multi-factor Authentication - New Android Phone
- On your Android smartphone, navigate to the Google Play Store App.
- In the search bar, type “Microsoft Authenticator”. Then, click the first option shown below.
- Click “Install”.
Note: You may need to enter your Google password if prompted.
- Click to follow the link to self-enrollment.
- Complete the ‘additional security verification’ before enabling MFA by selecting the ‘additional security verification’ link.
- Log in using your StarID credentials.
- Students: [StarID]@go.minnstate.edu
- Faculty/Staff: [StarID]@minnstate.edu
- Once signed in, you will be prompted to provide more security information to your account. Click ‘Next’
- Verify your backup verification methods:
- Verify your Authentication Phone.
- Type a phone number that is different from the listed Office Phone (listed below).
- Verify Office Phone if this is *your* office phone.
- If this is NOT *your* office phone, DO NOT select this option.
- Verify Alternate authentication phone.
- This is a backup phone number if you cannot be reached at the Authentication Phone number.
- Verify Authenticator app or Token.
Configure Microsoft Authenticator
- Click the Delete button next to your Authenticator App smart phone
- Click the Setup Authenticator app button
- On the Microsoft Authenticator app, click “Add Accounts” and then “Work or School account”.
- The app will ask for permission to use your camera, click “Allow”. Then you simply need to scan the QR code on your computer screen and you are done!
- Click Next.
- Click Save.
- Close Browser Tab to return to the Multi Factor Authentication Request browser tab.
- Close the Multi Factor Authentication Request browser tab.