Multi-factor Authentication - New Android Phone
- On your Android smartphone, navigate to the Google Play Store App.
- In the search bar, type “Microsoft Authenticator”.
- Click “Install" or "Open"
Note: You may need to enter your Google password if prompted.
- Click to follow the link to self-enrollment.
- Complete the ‘additional security verification’ before enabling MFA by selecting the ‘additional security verification’ link.
- Log in using your StarID credentials.
- Students: [StarID]@go.minnstate.edu
- Faculty/Staff: [StarID]@minnstate.edu
- Once signed in, you will be prompted to provide more security information to your account. Click ‘Next’
- Verify your backup verification methods:
a.) Verify your Authentication Phone. Type a phone number that is different from the listed Office Phone
b.) Verify Office Phone. If this is not your office phone, do not select this option.
c.) Verify Alternate authentication phone. This is a backup phone number if you cannot be reached at the Authentication Phone number.
d.) Verify Authenticator app or Token.
Configure Microsoft Authenticator
- Click the Delete button next to your Authenticator App smart phone.
- Click the Setup Authenticator app button.
- On the Microsoft Authenticator app, click “Add Accounts” and then “Work or School account”.
- The app will ask for permission to use your camera, click “Allow”. Then, open your camera app from your phone and scan the QR code below using your camera app.
- Click Next.
- Click Save.
- Close Browser Tab to return to the Multi Factor Authentication Request browser tab.
- Close the Multi Factor Authentication Request browser tab.
Article Id #23477