Import a Course Package (.zip) into D2L Brightspace
- Click Course Admin on your course Navbar, then click Import/Export/Copy Components.
- On the Import/Export/Copy Components page, select Import Components and select From a Course Package.
- Click Upload and then locate and select the import file. This is the file created when you exported the content from another software package or another Desire2Learn course, or the file provided by a publisher. Note: The file must be in .zip or other compressed file format.
- The will load and show a green progress bar as the system uploads the file.
- When the file upload is complete, click Import All Components.
- A progress screen will pop-up. The system will indicate the process is done with a green check mark for each of three stages: Uploading, Converting, and Importing. Depending on the size of the selected file, the these stages might take some time to complete.
7. When the process is finished, you will see a successfully imported message.
- Click View Content to see the imported items in Content.
- Click View processing logs link to view a final import summary screen with a list of any notes or warnings. For example, if you import a content topic that is not associated with a module, a module is created for it and this action is listed on the final summary screen.
- Click Review and Manage Dates to automatically offset dates a set number of days into the future for quick management of due dates in your course.