How to submit a request for third-party publisher software integration in D2L Brightspace
Faculty can submit a request for Third-Party/Publisher Software Integration with D2L Brightspace in the following way:
- Submit a request by sending an email to email@example.com
- Enter the subject line: Request for D2L Brightspace Integration Set-up
- Include the following information in the request (please include as much information as you can to speed the process):
- Name of the Third Party Publisher Software
- Website of the Third Party Publisher Software
- Name of Sales Representative
- Phone/Email of Sales Representative
- Name of Technical Representative
- Phone/Email of Technical Representative
- Attach any integration documentation or guide provided by the publisher to the email (this might be a link to a webpage)
Note: Integration requests take 2-3 weeks to several months depending on the time of year, projects already in the queue, responsiveness of third party representatives, etc… and some requests are not possible due to security or privacy threats.
About Third Party Publisher Software Integration within D2L Brightspace:
There are a variety of Third Party Publisher Software that have learning tool integrations (LTIs) with D2L Brightspace. These integrations allow single click sign on, grade book push, and linking items to Content, among other features.
Each integration undergoes an extensive screening process prior to implementation in any MinnState instance of D2L Brightspace. This assures that the end user agreement and contract language, security, and privacy of the software meets our system standards.
This process could take 2-3 weeks to several months depending on the time of year, projects already in the queue, responsiveness of third party representatives, etc...
Each MinnState institution, including Minnesota State University, Mankato can choose which Third Part Publisher Software integrations they would like to have available to their faculty.
The process to fulfill an integration request is as follows:
- Faculty submit a request to IT Solutions (see instructions above).
- The D2L campus admin reviews and submits the request to MinnState D2L Brightspace support.
- MinnState reviews the request, creates documentation on the specifications, privacy, and security of the third party software.
- If this is a new product, contracts and end user agreements may also need to be submitted to our legal department for approval.
- MinnState lets the campus admin know the review is complete and will approve (or not) the integration.
- The site admin requests approval of the integration from our campus approver who is our Chief Information Officer, providing the documentation from MinnState.
- The campus approver reviews the documentation and risk level of the integration and approves (or not) the integration.
- If approved, the approval is forwarded to MinnState and they complete the back-end set-up.
- When the back-end is complete, any campus level set-up and testing, knowledge articles, and/or communication is completed.
Article Id #22424