How to Install Office 365 for Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Using any browser, log into Mavmail at https://mavmail.mnsu.edu.
Replace YOUR StarID for StarID:
Students, Alumni and Emeriti: StarID@go.minnstate.edu
Faculty and Staff: StarID@minnstate.edu
2. Click the Office 365 banner in the upper left corner of the browser window.
3. Click the Install Office apps button in the upper-right corner of the browser window.
4. Installation steps are summarized while setup files download in the background. Look for a progress bar or a message from your browser showing that the download is complete.
5. Find and run the installer/setup file you downloaded onto your machine. You will likely find it in your Downloads folder.
6. If prompted, click Yes to allow Microsoft Office to install.
7. Once Office 365 is installed--this may take several minutes--you will find the programs among the other programs on your machine. In Windows 10, for example, you will find them in the Windows (Start) menu.
8. If at any time during the installation you are asked to log in, use your StarID@go.minnstate.edu (for students, emeriti, and alumni) or your StarID@minnstate.edu (for faculty/staff) as the username and your StarID password as the password. You must add @go.minnstate.edu or @minnstate.edu (as appropriate) after your StarID to log in successfully.
Note: If you get a pop-up message indicating the Click-to-Run installer encountered a problem because you have Windows Installer based Office programs installed om your computer, you may need to uninstall the older version of Microsoft Office on your computer. Click the Go online for additional help link at the bottom of the pop-up for more information about and how to resolve the error.