How to Forward a Cisco Desk Phone to a University-Provided Cell Phone
For employees that wish to forward their desk phone to their university-provided cell phone:
- From your Cisco desk phone, press the CFwdALL button (you will hear 2 beeps) then dial 9 and your 7-digit cell phone number. (local numbers only) you will hear a single beep.
- Verify that the phone is forwarded.
- Near the bottom of your Cisco phone screen it will temporarily say “Forwarded to 9xxxxxxx”.
- In the upper-right corner of the Cisco display it will show a telephone with an arrow above it pointing to the right.
- Make a test call - from a different phone, dial your office phone number. The call should ring your university cell phone.
- Call forwarding will work with local cell numbers.
- To forward to long distance cell phone number, contact the ITS Solution Center and provide your StarID, desk phone number, and the number that you would like your desk phone forwarded to.
- Forwarding to a long distance number will accumulate long distance charges on your university desk phone's number.
- If the caller leaves a voicemail message, that voicemail message will be on your university cell phone rather than your MavMAIL mailbox.
- Setting a forward will forward ALL calls until the forward is removed. The rest of the bullets are good.
- To cancel forwarding, press the CFwdALL button on your Cisco phone. You will hear a beep and the “Forwarded to 9xxxxxxx” message will go away.
Article Id #23248