Faculty request to inactivate a D2L Brightspace course
If you are not using your D2L Brightspace course, you can inactivate your course. This will mark the course with a visible "Inactive" label and will hide the course from students.
You can also make a course inactive yourself by following these instructions:
1. Navigate to the course.
2. Click the Course Admin link.
3. Click Course Offering Information link.
4. Uncheck the box next to "Course is Active."
5. Click the Save button.
To request inactivation of a D2L Brightspace course:
Note: Please allow 1 - 2 business days for this request to update in your account.
1. Log in to D2L Brightspace with your Star ID credentials at https://mnsu.learn.minnstate.edu
2. Scroll down on the homepage to the Instructor Resources widget. (Don't see the widget? (Don't see the widget? Submit a ticket to IT Solutions.)
3. Click the Request Your Grouped/Merged Course link. (Direct link to the request tool is found here: https://secure2.mnsu.edu/D2LCourseRequest/Public/Request.aspx)
4. Log in with your Star ID credentials.
5. From the drop down menu, select the semester you wish to inactivate courses from.
6. Click the View Courses button.
7. Check the box next to the course(s) you wish to remove.
8. Click the Course Inactivation button.
9. Confirm your request to inactivate the selected course(s) by clicking the confirm button.
Article Id #22866