Editing Groups in D2L Brightspace
- Click the Communication drop down menu on the course offering homepage.
- Click Groups.
- On the Manage Groups page, select the category you want to edit from the View Categories drop-down list.
- Click the arrow next to the group category title.
- Click Enroll Users.
- On the Enroll Users page, check the check boxes Edit Discussion Restrictions to change group enrollment. Checking a box enrolls/adds the student in a group. Un-checking a box un-enrolls/deletes a user from a group.
- You can also choose to search for a User by entering a name or Star ID in the search text box, then click the magnifying glass icon.
- Click Save.
Common Question - What happens if I move a student to a new group?
- Discussion posts remain in the old group and do not count towards a student's grade if the forum or topic is associated with a grade item. The student must satisfy the discussion post requirements in the new section. You can override a grade using the Grades tool.
- Assignments folder submissions submitted for the old group remain with the old group. The student receives the grade achieved by the new group on any group Assignments folders. You can change the student's grade back to the original group’s grade in the Grades tool.
Article Id #19903