Instructors are increasingly dependent on a wide range of media to support instruction. If you have a video or audio clip we can help get it digitized and posted online, while assisting in performing a four factors Fair Use analysis to ensure compliance with Copyright and Fair Use regulations.
Guidelines and information to submit your digitizing request:
- Contact the IT Solutions Center through one of the following:
- Self-Help: Explore online articles
- Phone: (507) 389-6654
- Email: email@example.com
- Self-Services: IT Solutions
- Walk-In: IT Solutions Center, Wissink Hall 121 or the IT Solutions Kiosk located on the first floor Wigley Administration Building
- Identify the following information:
- Title(s) of all purchased or faculty made videos and/or online clips that require digitizing.
- Semester/Session media will be viewed, for example: Fall '20.
- Due date(s) of when you need the media available for viewing.
If needed, Accessible Technologies will contact you to finalize the details for your request. You are asked to provide the media (VHS, DVD, video files) to Accessible Technologies.
Note: If you are using media that is owned by the Minnesota State Mankato Library, it is possible that given the titles and/or call numbers, Accessible Technologies will retrieve the requested media from the ERC.
All requested digitized videos will be placed into your MediaSpace site. This process enables you to share your videos in D2L while granting student access based on authenticated D2L access.
Any copyrighted materials that are digitized/captioned by ITS must comply with Copyright and Fair Use regulations.
- How long does the digitizing process take?
- It takes approximately 3 to 5 business days for digitizing requests. This depends on the project load at the time of the request.
- Is there any cost to the requesting department?
- There is no cost to the requesting department for digitizing requests for academic use.
Article Id #18766