Descriptive Video Services (DVS)
We currently have IT Solutions staff available to assist faculty in descriptive video services (DVS) - also known as audio description (AD).
Guidelines and information to submit your DVS request:
- Contact the IT Solutions Center through one of the following:
- Self-Help: Explore online articles
- Phone: (507) 389-6654
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Self-Services: IT Solutions
- Walk-In: IT Solutions Center, Wissink Hall 121 or the IT Solutions Kiosk located on the first floor Wigley Administration Building
- Identify the following information:
- Title(s) of all purchased or faculty created videos and/or online clips that require audio descriptions (DVS)
- Semester/session media will be viewed, for example Fall '20.
- Due date(s) of when you need the media available for viewing.
If needed, Accessible Technologies will contact you to finalize the details for your request. You are asked to provide the media (VHS, DVD, YouTube, video file) and the transcript (if existing) to Accessible Technologies.
Note: If you are using media that is owned by the Minnesota State Mankato Library, it is possible that given the titles and/or call numbers, Accessible Technologies will retrieve the requested media from the ERC.
- How long does the Descriptive Video Service (DVS) process take?
- The DVS process will vary depending on the length of the video and on the project load at the time of the request.
- Is there any cost to the requesting department?
- There is no cost to the requesting department for DVS requests for academic use.