D2L Brightspace Discussion Topics/Forums are Not Displaying for Students
If students report that they cannot see a Discussion Forum or Topic, sometimes this is due to Availability or Locking(Start/End Date) restrictions.
Check the display/locking statuses for each discussion topic and the forum that it lies in.
- Click Discussions under the Communication drop-down menu.
- Find the Discussions topic/forum that is not displaying to students.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the name of that topic/forum.
- Click Edit Topic.
- In the Properties tab, under the Availability heading, check to make sure this option has Forum/Topic is always visible selected.
- Under the Locking Options heading, choose how to lock the topic/forum from student submission.
Article Id #21586