Connecting to eduroam with macOS
eduroam is the preferred Wi-Fi network for students, faculty, staff and guests personally-owned devices to use that's secure and once set up, can be used throughout campus as well as any other university throughout the world that has an eduroam network.
To connect a Mac to eduroam, you must have an active StarID account and current internet access. MavGUEST can be used if available.
1. From the device that you are trying to connect to eduroam, connect to the internet (MavGUEST is available for this purpose).
2. Using an Internet browser, navigate directly to wifi.mnsu.edu (available from on or off campus)
3. The system should automatically pull the correct Operating System, select Sign In
4. Sign in with your StarID@go.minnstate.edu and password (for students, alumni and emeritus) or StarID@minnstate.edu and password (for current employees)You may receive a popup asking to allow downloads, select Allow
5. On the next screen, select JoinNow
6. Select Install to install Minnesota State University Mankato eduroam MobileConfig
7. Enter your password to allow Install
8. Once you see the message Joined press Done to close the program.
Your Mac computer should now be connected to the eduroam Wi-Fi network if the network is available where that device is currently located.
The installer will attempt to "forget" the MavNet and MavNet-Encrypted networks if they have been used before. Forgetting the other networks is desirable to ensure that the device will prefer to use eduroam whenever it is on campus. To check this:
1. Click on the Wi-Fi icon on the top right and select Open Network Preferences
2. Select Advanced
3. Highlight on MavGuest, MavNet and press the – to remove the network. Do the same for MavNet-Encrypted.
Your Mac computer is now set up to use eduroam. It will work wherever you are throughout the world that an eduroam network is available if you are a current student or employee at Minnesota State University, Mankato. No future password changes will be needed now that you are on eduroam.
See other articles:
KCS 22990 eduroam Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Article Id #23609