Computer not powering on - screen , lights or noise not observed
- Check computer for type.
2. Check for laptop.
- Connect laptop to AC adapter.
- Verify laptop battery is fully charged.
- Dell Laptop Diagnostic and Battery Indicators
3. Check for Desktop.
- Verify electricity into the computer by making sure other devices power-up in the area.
- Verify device is plugged into outlet or surge supressor is functional.
- Test out the power charger with another machine to verify it is working properly.
4. Check surge suppressor to see the circuit hasn't been tripped.
- If tripped, push the button or switch to on.
5. Unplug electrical plug from computer and plug directly into outlet.
- If the computer will not power up, and you are able to use another computer, visit the Dell site for instructions.
- Dell Desktop Diagnostic Indicators
- If computer will still not power up, schedule an onsite visit or computer pickup by calling 389-6654.
Article Id #18891