Computer Lab and Classroom MavCard Access

How do I get MavCard access to a campus computer lab(s)? How do I get MavCard access to a classroom that has an electronic access panel?

Internal -

For University classrooms and labs that require key card access, customers can request access to the room(s) listed below. This access will be applied automatically to the individual's University identification card (MavCard).
Note: Request must be submitted by a University faculty or staff member.

  1. Submit your request to the IT Service Desk via email to or call 507-389-6654.
  2. Include the room(s) you need access to.
    1. Armstrong Hall - AH11, AH29, AH203, AH204, AH223A, AH315, AH327, AH331
    2. Ford Hall FH139
    3. Memorial Library ML47
      Morris Hall - MH208, MH211, MH212
    4. Nelson Hall - NH 001, NH 106, NH202, NH203
    5. Wiecking Center - WC349, WC352
  1. Include the name(s) and TechId(s) of the person requiring access.
  2. Verify that the person needing the request has a physical MavCARD that is current. Card access cannot be enabled for a person without a physical current (not expired) MavCARD even if they have a TechID.
  3. Include the duration of access (24 x 7 or Monday - Friday 7:00am to 10:30pm).
  4. Include the length of access (ex. Spring Semester).

Note: If you are requesting access for multiple individuals please attach a spreadsheet that includes the names, techid's and rooms needed.

Article Id #18466
Last modified:

Share this: