Guidelines and information to submit your captioning request:
- Contact the IT Solutions Center through one of the following:
- By Phone: (507) 389-6654
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Self-Services: IT Solutions
- In person: The IT Solutions Center is located in the Academic Computer Center (ACC) in the lower level of Wissink Hall (WH 121).
- Identify the following information:
- Title(s) of all purchased or faculty made videos and/or online clips that require captioning.
- Semester/Session media will be viewed, for example: Fall '17.
- Due date(s) of when you need the media available for viewing.
If needed, Accessible Technologies will contact you to finalize the details for your request.
You are asked to provide the media (VHS, DVD, video files) to Accessible Technologies.
Note: If you are using media that is owned by the Minnesota State Mankato Library, it is possible that given the titles and/or call numbers, Accessible Technologies will retrieve the requested media from the ERC.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 reinforced the provisions of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 by requiring Minnesota State University, Mankato to be fully accessible to all students regardless of accommodation requests.
Instructors using media in their courses (onsite and online) are required, by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to provide equivalent alternatives for students with hearing disabilities.
All requested captioned videos will be placed into your Media Manager site. Minnesota State University, Mankato's Media Manager enables you to share your videos in D2L while granting student access based on authenticated D2L access. Media will remain in Media Manager where you can actively manage your media each semester.
Any copyrighted materials that are digitized/captioned by ITS must comply with Copyright and Fair Use regulations. Please contact the IT Solutions Center if you have any questions regarding the Copyright and Fair Use regulations.
- How long does the captioning process take?
- It takes approximately 3 to 5 business days for captioning requests. This depends on the project load at the time of the request.
- Is there any cost to the requesting department?
- There is no cost to the requesting department for captioning requests for academic use. Charges for transcription/captioning may apply for groups outside of academic use. Estimates will be provided.