Attendance Tool Basics in D2L Brightspace
The Attendance tool enables you to create registers that track attendance for activities within your course. You can track attendance for any number of activities and customize your registers to suit your needs.
Use the Attendance tool to create sessions to track attendance and define attendance statuses for your activities. You can assign grades for user attendance, view attendance results, and track users that have poor attendance.
Create attendance registers to track attendance for your course-based activities, such as a mandatory weekly chat session or optional discussion seminar.
1. Go to the Attendance tool.
2. On the Attendance Registers page, click New Register.
3. Enter a Name for your register.
- Optional: enter a Description.
4. Select an attendance scheme from the Attendance Scheme drop-down list. The System Scheme has Absent - A, and Present - P options. You can also created your own custom scheme.
5. Enter a percentage that indicates your minimum attendance requirement in the Cause for Concern field. When a percentage is entered, you will see a Cause for Concern icon (warning) for under performing users' names in the % Attendance column on the Attendance Data page.
6. Select the Allow users to view this attendance register checkbox.
7. Select the user that you want to include in your register. You can choose to include all users or specific groups or sections.
- In the Sessions area, enter a Session Name, Session Description, and Order for each status.
- If you need more than sessions, enter a number in the field and click the Add Sessions link. The new session field(s) will appear on the page.
- If you need to add Sessions after you've closed the Register, Edit the Register and repeat the steps above.
8. Click Save, then click Close.
Article Id #21891