Android MavMAIL (Office 365) Setup
Settings At a Glance
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students, Alumni and Emeriti: yourStarID@go.minnstate.edu
Faculty and Staff:
- Exchange Server: outlook.office365.com
Settings With Screenshots
- Open Settings on your smartphone.
- Navigate to your Accounts and press Add Account.
3. Select Email and press Office365
- Type your MavMAIL e-mail address and StarID password.
5. You may see a screen that says Permissions requested. You will need to tap on Accept.
- Scroll through the settings and change any options to your preferences. Once you have selected all the options that you would like, scroll down to the bottom and press Next.
6. After tapping Accept your mail account should be all set up. You change the default name of the account as seen below.
1. Open Settings on your smartphone.
2. Navigate to your Accounts and press Add Account.
3. Select Email and press Exchange
4. Enter your information as it is requested. Your Email address will be your MNSU email address; StarID@go.minnstate.edu for students, emeriti, and alumni, and StarID@minnstate.edu for employees. Your password will be your StarID password. If the automatic set up does not work, try selecting the Manuel setup instead. The Exchange Server will be outlook.office365.com. Check the box for Use secure connection (SSL). Once this information has been entered, press Next.
- A screen will prompt you to ask you to Apply security features, press Apply.
- Scroll through the settings and change any options to your preferences. Once you have select all the options that you would like, scroll down to the bottom and press Next.
Note: Different versions of Android or different manufacturers of phones may look slightly different, however the settings should remain the same.
Note: If you already have an e-mail account set up, we recommend removing the account and re-adding it following the instructions below.
Article Id #19015