Android MavMAIL (Office 365) Setup
Note: Different versions of Android or different manufacturers of phones may look slightly different, however the settings should remain the same.
Note: If you already have an e-mail account set up, we recommend removing the account and re-adding it following the instructions below.
Settings At a Glance
- Email Address: email@example.com
Students, Alumni and Emeriti: yourStarID@go.minnstate.edu
Faculty and Staff:
- Exchange Server: outlook.office365.com
Settings With Screenshots
- Open your System Settings.
- Navigate to your Accounts. Press Add Account.
- Some of these options may appear differently on your device. Press Office 365. If there is no Office 365 option use the "Corporate" option instead. If neither Office 365 or Corporate exist as selectable options, use "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Account". However, for multi-factor authentication to work, you must select Office 365.
- Type your MavMAIL e-mail address and StarID password, then press Manual Setup.
- Enter your information as it is requested. Your Email address will be your MNSU email address; the Domain\username field will be StarID@go.minnstate.edu for students, emeriti, and alumni, and StarID@minnstate.edu for employees. Your password will be your StarID password, and the Exchange Server will be outlook.office365.com. Place a checkmark next to Use secure connection (SSL). Once this information has been entered, press Next.
- A screen will prompt you to ask for permission for security features, press OK.