Android MavMAIL (Office 365) Setup
Note: Different versions of Android or different manufacturers of phones may look slightly different, however the settings should remain the same.
Note: If you already have an e-mail account set up, we recommend removing the account and re-adding it following the instructions below.
Settings At a Glance
- Email Address: email@example.com
Students, Alumni and Emeriti: yourStarID@go.minnstate.edu
Faculty and Staff:
- Exchange Server: outlook.office365.com
Settings With Screenshots
- Open your System Settings.
- Navigate to your Accounts. Press Add Account.
- Press either Corporate or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Account.
- Type your MavMAIL e-mail address and StarID password, then press Manual Setup.
- Enter your information as it is requested. Your Email address will be your MNSU email address; the Domain\username field will be StarID@go.minnstate.edu for students, emeriti, and alumni, and StarID@minnstate.edu for employees. Your password will be your StarID password, and the Exchange Server will be outlook.office365.com. Place a checkmark next to Use secure connection (SSL). Once this information has been entered, press Next.
- A screen will prompt you to ask for permission for security features, press OK.