Accessing ISRS on Your University Owned Laptop/Desktop
These instructions presume you are accessing ISRS on a machine from which you have previously used to access ISRS on campus.
- Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and type D (Win+D). This will minimize your open windows so that you will see your Desktop.
- On the Desktop, double click the MN State Uniface icon (or start ISRS the way you normally would).
- If you are unsuccessful in starting ISRS, please first verify that your VPN is connected.
- It can take up to five minutes after connecting to the VPN for your drives to connect automatically. Please verify in your File Explorer that your "Applications (U:)" drive is connected. You can quickly access File Explorer by holding down the Windows key and typing "E" (Win+E).
- A red "X" through the drive icon is oftentimes resolved by clicking once on the drive icon to reconnect the drive.
If the "Applications (U:)" drive is missing, disconnecting from the VPN and reconnecting will reinitiate the connection.
Article Id #23290