English Language Proficiency
Provide documentation in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based test) score of 61 or better; OR
- IELTS academic test score of 5.5 or better; OR
- TOEFL PBT (paper-based test) score of 500 or better; OR
- Successful completion of the highest level of the Intensive English Program (IEP) at Minnesota State University, Mankato, with a B+ average or better and at least a B in each course; OR
- completion of Level 112 at an English Language School (ELS) in the U.S.; OR
- a SAT Critical Reading sub-score of 400 or higher (Taken prior to March 2016) or SAT Reading sub-score of 22 or higher (Taken March 2016 or later); OR
- Students transferring from a U.S. college or university may satisfy the English proficiency requirement by the completion of one semester of Freshman English Composition I with a C or better grade. If the student is transferring from a school that is on the quarter system they would have to complete Freshman Composition I & II with a C or better grade.
The Intensive English Program is open to students who completed high school and score:
- between 20 and 60 on the TOEFL iBT test; or
- between 330 and 499 on the TOEFL PBT test; or
- between 3.5 and 5.0 on the IELTS test. Upon successful completion of the advanced level of the program, you will be regularly admitted to MNSU.