International Transfer Applicants from OUTSIDE the U.S.
The Kearney Center has an International Recruitment and Retention Specialist who can help assist you with the application process. If you have questions about Minnesota State University, Mankato or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer Student Requirements from outside the U.S.
- Must satisfy academic standards to those required of students transferring from U.S. schools. Those requirements are a cumulative U.S. grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 and the successful completion of 67% of all attempted courses.
- Transcripts submitted with the application will be used to determine the academic qualifications of the applicant. If the academic performance proves to be satisfactory, the student may be accepted to the University.
- Meet one of the minimum standards for English Proficiency
- TOEFL iBT 61 or PBT 500
- IELTS 5.5
- See other methods of meeting the required English Proficiency
Application Deadlines for International Transfer Students
Fall Semester (August) Start: June 15
Spring Semester (January) Start: November 8
Application Process in 4 Easy Steps
|Complete your online Application Form.|
|No application fee - Use the promo code "INTLMAV" for a free application.|
|Submit all required documentation. View the checklist for more information.|
|Receive your admission decision by email after all application materials are received and reviewed!|
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TRANSFERRING CREDITS FROM ABROAD
- Transferring credits to Minnesota State Mankato takes places after acceptance into the University.
- AFTER acceptance and BEFORE any possible transfer credit may be awarded, all transcripts or academic records from universities outside the U.S. must first be evaluated by a recognized outside agency as confirmation of the courses taken and grades earned.
- University transfer specialists recommend using Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE), and the correct type of report is depedent on your desired major (see below).
- Information about the ECE evaluation process will be included in the letter of acceptance mailed with the I-20.
- Students wishing to begin the ECE process prior to being accepted may do so at any time.
- There are other recognized credit evaluation agencies and their names will be supplied upon request. There is also a list of recognized and allowable evaluation services at: http://www.naces.org/. If a student uses one of the other recognized agencies the evaluation will be allowed unless the department of the student's program of study specifies the agency the require. Minnesota State Mankato's College of Science, Engineering and Technology majors REQUIRE the ECE. Most agencies charge approximately the same price.
ECE provides an online application for credit evaluation. Which ECE evaluation you provide to us depends on what major you will be studying here:
- Computer science, other sciences, engineering and math majors should request the "subject analysis".
- All other majors should request the "course-by-course" evaluation.
Since the purpose of the ECE evaluation is potential transfer of credit, it does not need to be submitted as part of the application review process. It can be submitted later. However, any post-secondary work you successfully completed at a non-U.S. college or university will be considered by Minnesota State Mankato only upon receipt of the official ECE evaluation.