Graduate Assistant Hiring Guidelines
- All graduate assistant positions must have a position description which includes a comprehensive list of required qualifications for the position.
- All graduate assistant positions must have a description of duties associated with the position.
- All graduate assistant position descriptions must be submitted to the Human Resources for approval prior to posting on the Minnesota State Mankato web site and other appropriate locations.
- The following phrase should be included in all position listings: "Contingent upon satisfactory performance and available funds, there is a possibility that this appointment may be continued beyond the initial period of employment."
- All graduate assistant positions must adhere to university policy on the use of graduate assistants. Please consult the College of Graduate Studies and Research and the Human Resources Office if there are questions.