Our goal is to work together to build a safe community that celebrates co-curricular learning and fun.
Minnesota State University, Mankato wants to ensure the necessary guidance and protocols are followed to protect the campus community as you plan for your upcoming event. Please note, event guidance and permissions are subject to change depending on the campus COVID-19 Safety Level and feedback from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
Each event should have an individual responsible for ensuring guidelines are followed.
- Everyone in attendance must pass the University Daily Self-Screening.
- Face coverings are required for all on-campus activities (indoor and outdoor).
- Social distancing of at least six feet must be maintained throughout the event.
- Room and event capacity is met with most updated MDH guidance.
- Restrooms should be monitored to ensure proper distancing can be maintained.
- Hand sanitizer should be available for use before entering and exiting spaces.
- If food is part of the event, make sure requirements above continue to be followed.
- Establish a COVID-19 safety plan that ensures campus activities are safe for students and staff.
The following references should be reviewed to help plan and implement campus activities. Additional references can be found on the MDH website or by request to Natalie.Schuette@mnsu.edu. Failure to plan safely will jeopardize future campus events and may result in sanctions and increased restrictions.
- FAQ: Bars, Restaurants, and other Places
- Campus Dining Services Guidance for IHE
- Food Service Work Safety Information