Student Employees Compensation
While during a pandemic, we can expect some student employees may be exposed to or contract the virus, triggering a required quarantine or isolation of at least 14 days.
- A student employee who believes they may have COVID-19 or been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed as having COVID-19, should contact their primary health care provider. As with any illness, stay at home and report your absence using the standard process for your unit.
- Student employees will be compensated for work performed at the direction of a supervisor, whether that work is on-campus or off-campus.
- If a student employee is exposed to a person with COVID-19 while at work, then the Supervisor will compensate that student employee for regularly scheduled work during their quarantine period.
- If a student employee contracts COVID-19 while at work, then the Supervisor will compensate that student employee for regularly scheduled work hours during their self-isolation.
- If a student employee is exposed to a person with COVID-19 or contracts COVID-19 while not at work, then the Supervisor will compensate that student employee for regularly scheduled work hours during the quarantine or self-isolation period.
- No additional staffing dollars will be provided to budget managers for compensating student-employees not able to perform work due to COVID-19 exposure or illness.
Specific questions should be directed to Student Payroll regarding compensation recording.