Global Education Advisory Council's Charge
The Global Education Advisory Council promotes the University's commitment to cultivate global perspectives in the classroom, on campus, in the community, and through cross-cultural and international experiences.
Consults with and advises the President, Provost, Academic and Student Affairs units, Colleges, Minnesota State Student Association (MSSA) and Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) to develop and sustain relevant goals and objectives set forth in the University's Strategic Plans* and mission statements.
Identifies short-term and long-term goals for internationalizing Minnesota State Mankato, e.g. policies and procedures, designated and sustained funding for course and program development, use of distance learning, internationally-focused classes and majors, conferences, research collaboration.
*Recommends and develops criteria and processes for proposed international partnerships and activities.
- For example, the 2010-2015 University Strategic Plan, Goal 3, Objective D:
- "Study Abroad. Through 2014, increase the number of study abroad students and student exchanges each successive year by 15%.
- International Partnerships. By 2014, double the number of international partnerships based on new international partnership initiatives.
- Faculty Exchanges. Increase the number of faculty and staff exchange opportunities.
- Travel Supplements. Provide resources to supplement international travel."
Update to Name and Charge
Proposed by the International Programs Advisory Council
Endorsed by the IFO and MSUAASF
Approved by Interim Provost Linda Baer
To replace charge of 2/16/99