When a change of grade is needed for a class on a student's record, the instructor of the class submits the information to the Office of the Registrar via the Electronic Grade Change System through E-Services/Grade Change.
Grade changes are governed by the following rules:
- They must arrive in the Office of the Registrar via the electronic grade change system.
- In extenuating circumstances a Change of Grade form, properly signed by the instructor and the department chair, may be used.
- Department chairs can authorize change of grades in the absence of the instructor by signing the official paper grade change form and submitting it to the Office of the Registrar.
- Changes are accepted up to two calendar years from the original term of enrollment of the course.
- Changes will be accepted for :
- I's (Incomplete)
- IP's (In Progress)
- Z's (grade unknown)
- Errors in the calculation of the original grade
- Incomplete/In Progress/Z grades that were converted to F or NC
Grade Changes are not accepted for situations involving grades of W.
Grade Changes/2-year limit - Grading Policy:
A change of grade will be accepted by the Office of the Registrar when securely submitted via the Electronic Grade Change system by the instructor. Department chairs can authorize change of grades in the absence of the instructor by signing the official paper grade change form and submitting it to the Office of the Registrar. Changes will be accepted for completed grades for up to two calendar years from the original term of enrollment for that specific course.
Deans/Department Chairs can see grade changes for their area via E-Services.
Normal processing time for a grade change is one week.
Electronic Grade Change System Information
The Electronic Grade Change system is used to enter grade change requests. This system replaces the three-part paper Change of Grade/Incomplete Clearance form.
When to use:This system should be used when grades have been posted for a student and a grade needs to be changed.
How to use:
- Go to E-Services
- Click on: Faculty/Grade Change
- Instructors enters grade change request via E-Services
- Office of the Registrar receives email that request was entered
- Office of the Registrar enters grade in to ISRS if meets university policy/scans request to electronic file.
- Requests that do not meet university policy will be sent back to the instructor via email
- Instructor can view the status of the grade change via the Electronic Grade Change System
Departments requesting department chair approval: The Office of the Registrar will forward grade change requests via email to the department chair for approval/denial before processing.
Paper Grade Change Forms
The Electronic Grade change system should be used for any change of grade that can be entered electronically. A paper grade change form will be accepted in unique cases where the department chair needs to submit the request for an instructor.
Grading System for Deans/Department Chairs
Deans and Department Chairs can view electronic grade changes, In Progress grades, Incomplete grades and Z (missing grades) by logging in to E-Services.