About Strategic Partnerships
The Strategic Partnerships division at Minnesota State University, Mankato works with businesses and communities throughout the state to create mutually beneficial connections to the University. Possible partnerships could include everything from internships and employee recruitment to research, data analysis and much more.
Our partners benefit from having access to a broad talent base across disciplines. Our faculty and staff benefit from the opportunity to work on innovative research projects and develop richer connections to industry. And our students gain valuable experience that prepares them for success in the real world.
The overall result is a better, more prepared workforce and improved economic health for the region.
Why Minnesota State University, Mankato?
Minnesota State Mankato has been a place where big ideas meet real-world thinking since its founding in 1868.
- We are currently educating more than 15,000 students and graduated more than 3,300 students in 2014.
- We are ranked 31st in the country for international enrollment,
- With almost 1,000 students from more than 90 countries.
- We offer more than 130 undergraduate programs of study and more than 75 graduate programs, including master’s, specialist and doctoral degrees.
- We have more than 2,000 faculty and staff, many of whom have been recognized nationally and internationally for their scholarship, creativity and support of students.
Impacts of Partnerships
- Internships help groom potential employees who have a deeper understanding of your organization’s needs and expectations.
- Grants can be leveraged to respond to ongoing research and development needs as well as solving short-term problems and creating new opportunities.
- Access to students and faculty allows you to tap into a network of critical thinkers and creative problem solvers who can bring a new perspective to whatever issue you present.
- The Small Business Development Center provides valuable consultation services and classes to business owners at all stages in the life of a business.
- Contract Research allows you to test products, ideas and innovations in a controlled setting—and to receive real-world results in a timely manner.
- Technology Services help you stay nimble as innovations and changes take place.
- Continuing and Professional Education provides opportunities to train employees, offer professional development and meet specific workforce needs.