Minnesota State Mankato’s Schmitz Lecture, ‘Experiencing Psychology’ Events are among Upcoming Events to be Cancelled
MARCH 18, 2020 UPDATE: To see the most current list of event cancellations, please click here.
Mankato, Minn. – Minnesota State University, Mankato announced the following upcoming event cancellations for preventative health reasons related to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Monday, March 16: The Richard Schmitz Lecture with Women’s Leaders in Agriculture is cancelled. For more information, contact Jen Cucurullo at email@example.com.
- Tuesday, March 17: Documentary Film showing of ‘America’s Indian Adoption Era’ is cancelled. For more information, contact Elyse Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 20 & 27: The “Experiencing Psychology” events at the Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota are cancelled. For more information, contact Elyse Anderson at email@example.com.
- March 26: Good Thunder Reading Series event featuring poet Ross Gay is cancelled. For more information, contact Candace Black at firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 26: ‘Kato Ninja Warrior’ Event is cancelled. For more information, contact Bill Tourville in Campus Programs at email@example.com.
- April 7: Speaking event featuring actor/comedian Josh Peck is cancelled. For more information, contact Bill Tourville in Campus Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Minnesota State system office announced March 12 that campus events or other gatherings totaling more than 100 attendees are cancelled until May 1, and that the guidance would be re-evaluated.
The above list of cancelled events at Minnesota State Mankato is not necessarily all-inclusive. Decisions on whether or not to cancel other upcoming campus events with less than 100 attendees may have not yet been determined or may have not yet been reported. Additional cancellations will be posted at www.mnsu.edu/coronavirus.
For the latest information on other University events, the following department contacts can assist with providing information on events within their departments (these contacts represent just some of the University departments that frequently hold large public events):
- Art exhibitions, Harlan Bloomer, email@example.com
- Athletic events, Paul Allan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus Recreation events, Todd Pfingsten, email@example.com
- Music Performance Series, Dale Haefner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Events Team and Campus Programs, Bill Tourville, email@example.com
- Theatre and Dance events, Corrie Eggimann, firstname.lastname@example.org
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university with 14,297 students, is part of the Minnesota State system, which includes 30 colleges and seven universities.