May 25: Free 'SciGirls' Workshop for Educators
Friday, May 25, 2018
1:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Centennial Student Union, Room 245
Mankato, Minn. – The Minnesota State Engineering Center of Excellence and Minnesota State University, Mankato’s College of Science, Engineering and Technology are holding a free local educator workshop, “SciGirls,” Friday, May 25 from 1-3:30 p.m. in Minnesota State Mankato’s Centennial Student Union, Room 245.
Those wishing to participate may register online here.
Participants attending this workshop will:
- Learn the latest research for exciting and engaging girls (and boys) in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math)
- Experience hands-on STEM activities
- Leave with curriculum that puts a creative twist on teaching STEM
- Learn how to modify activities to engage kids in STEM using the SciGirls Seven
- Discover additional online resources that enhance teaching and learning experiences for all kids
“SciGirls” is an Emmy-Award winning PBS KIDS television series and website dedicated to changing the way millions of girls think about STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math).
For more information, contact Melissa Huppert, STEM outreach director, by phone at 507-389-2110 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university with 14,712 students, is part of the Minnesota State system, which includes 30 colleges and seven universities.