Timeline and Planning
Minnesota State University, Mankato's Return to Learn plan has three phases for preparation outlined in the timeline below. We have also identified 3 possible scenarios to plan for this upcoming fall semester and beyond.
Multi-Phase Planning timelines
Our planning will support a Multi-Phase Planning timeline to address immediate and long-range need:
- Phase 1: Short-term (May-August, 2020)
- Phase 2: Mid-term (August-December, 2020)
- Phase 3: Long-term (January, 2021-)
Planning Scenario Framework
Our planning will occur within a Scenario Framework as directed by the Minnesota State system to enable agile shifts as conditions change. Our framework prepares for three possible scenarios:
- Scenario A: No restrictions on movement or size of gatherings
- Scenario B: Restrictions on movement and size of gatherings, but no stay at home order in place
- Scenario C: Significant restrictions on movement and gatherings, with stay at home order in place for part or all of the semester
A successful planning structure will assure a timely and transparent planning process.
The complexity of this effort requires a multifaceted planning approach. Our planning effort incorporates three core areas of work:
- Return to Learn COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
- Department/Work Unit Continuity Plans
- Return to Learn Strategic Plans: Student learning; student life; employee return to workplace; financial; communications, marketing, enrollment, and advancement; and partnerships, continuing education and customized training, and comprehensive workforce solutions.
The foundational area of work is the University’s Return to Learn COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. The preparedness plan outlines the core COVID-19 health and safety measures established to safeguard the wellbeing of the campus community.